Submitted: 05-15-2009 by Holly

I have owned both the AdvancedFrame Expedition and the AdvancedFrame single for a couple of years. I absolutely love them.

When properly inflated the inner tubes expand to fill up the kayak, pressing against the floor and the hull. There is nothing that flaps around. When lifted up at one end, it is stiff and does not sag. I even use the optional backbone and the floor is so solid that it cannot be felt when paddling.

I've taken this kayak on 10 mile trips a number of times - through calm water, winds, heavy duckweed, very shallow water levels and tule reeds. It is comfortable, versatile, paddles wonderfully, is rugged and extremely stable. I've never had it spin in circles, though I have been in some kayaks from other manufacturers that do. I personally feel the AdvancedFrame series are some of the best values in inflatables on the market.

Additionally, I have worked closely with Advanced Elements for several years. Their customer service is about the best you can find - they stand behind their products, respond quickly and go "above and beyond" to answer questions/solve problems. Possibly if the person had spent some time with customer support when experiencing their problems, some of the issues might have been cleared up.

I would not hesitate to recommend the AdvancedFrame series of kayaks to anyone.