Submitted: 05-10-2009 by cecil

Seda Glider was love at first sight for me.
After paddling once a week for 4 years and owning 6 kayak previously, I know what I was looking for. The size of the cockpit is excellent for me. I can go in and out easily. Also easier to do self-rescue like - cowboy style and side straddle. It also makes my paddling style doable- legs together with knees pointing up.....like on a surfki or k1 kayak. I had to of course change the pedal to a kickboard with controls on top for the rudder.

It's straight tracking kayak and the down side is that it's more difficult to turn. I'm aware of the trade off. My Norkapp HMC was like that and I'm used to it.

The kevlar model I got is about 45#. And that's not too heavy and not lite either. I will never buy another 30# kayak from a bad experience I had. It flies on top of the water after a capsize with a super strong wind gust. A paddle leash attached to the kayak was my only salvation. Advanced paddlers might not have this problem.

When it comes to speed, I was able to paddle the Glider at 6 mph for 30 min. straight. That might not be that fast but I can't even do over 5mph on my Epic V-10 sports surfski (afraid to capsize?).

I feel confident when I paddle my Seda Glider just like my Nordkapp HMC. Is it perfect? No such think. BTW, I did not have any issues with quality... Excellent kayak!!!