Submitted: 05-07-2009 by JMP

Okay...first off. NO. This is NOT a solo canoe. Did it claim to be a solo canoe anywhere? The THREE seats do give a nod to at least a tandem. So...as far as people saying it's not a solo canoe...well, okay...masters of the obvious... However, I wish I could give this boat a 20 as a rating, as it is the most amazing boat I have ever witnessed. I have motored it in big water (Lake Powell) using a 3.5 Nissan. Performs flawlessly...perfectly. So quiet. Floats loaded in about 3" of water. Goes places other boats fear. That we knew.

What most don't realize is that this boat handles Class III water with the best of them. The ride is high, dry, and confident. No, it doesn't turn on a dime...more like a buck and a quarter..., and the square stern washes out sometimes on swift turns..., but if you pay attention and set up for the rapids like you would a drift boat or raft, it runs with Appalachians and Rogues...and comes out drier on the backend. No, we did not play in the hydrolics, but it was fully loaded with gear and performed well above it's purpose.

AND......as to it's durability. We high-sided at the end of three full sets of Class III+ rapids. Totally the paddlers' fault...hubris caught us as we prematurely celebrated our (almost) successful descent. The boat bent in half over the boulder...both bow and stern filled with water. The center seat broke and splintered... irretrevably pinned 5 miles into a 70 mile river trip. Z-drag...nothing. Found a leverage point upriver...got it out. Popped right back into shape. One gouge...no holes...went the remaining 65 miles without incident. There is no other canoe as far as I'm concerned. IF this one ever meets it's demise, I will buy another one the same day.