Submitted: 05-06-2009 by Louis

Purchased a 166RM and 160RM last year at Kittery Trading Post. Larger model for me (210 lbs and 6 ft). My wife (5'3" and 125 lbs) uses the smaller one. This is my 3rd season paddling and had a tandem prior to upgrading to the Capellas. It was an excellent purchase and the transition to a conventional sea kayak was a non-event.

The Capellas are extremely stable. I have been out in howling winds and 8 foot seas (or 4 ft by nautical scale) and felt perfectly comfortable, in fact...even did a bit of surfing. They track well, no bow spray in waves, water tight storage, great seats and pads...simply a great product!! Other members of my family who had never paddled before tried the Capellas and had the hang of it in no time.

These are extremely well built boats and have great warranty coverage. I know this from personal experience as I had a warranty issue that was handled quickly and professionally by the folks at P&H Kayaks in North Carolina.
Keep up the good work Jim, Dinver and Kevin.