Submitted: 05-04-2009 by Kate From Canadaa

I purchased my Fish N Dive last year after reading lots of reviews. It was my first kayak and initially I wanted it because of stability and storage for going on the river, picnic, camping etc. I take my Corgi wherever I go and have now owned it a year. I have kayaked the Bay in rough waters with no problem. I am only 110 pounds and 5'2" and can handle no problem....I've gained a few arm muscles - as it is not built for speed but it pushes through anything...and I can outspeed a fishing boat with a trolling motor.

I bought it for just playing around, but have found it excellent for cruising the bay, river etc. This year I tried a little white water down the creek in high fast waters...it handles great and can maneuver easy....I did overturn it because I was taking pictures instead of paying attention and when I turned a corner in the creek - I hit a rock and tree... it was unavoidable... went for a cold swim but managed to get it overturned again and on my way.... the dog made a great anchor!

I can take another person as well... my 250 pound boyfriend went with me down the river... with no problem... I even did the paddling with the boat pointed backwards and not a problem....

I love the fact that I can sit on the side...hop in and go swimming when I get warm and no problem to get back in.... I love this kayak....

OH! and the BEST part is....I found a way to load it on my Honda Civic by myself...MUCH to the amazement of my 3 sons! I bought saddles for front rack and Hully Rollers for back rack...I place a rubber back mat on the back of my car truck up over the roof..lift up the front of the kayak on truck with mat underneath and go lift the back up and push up on the rollers...NOT A PROBLEM! pretty good for an old girl!

I'd buy another Cobra in a heartbeat...far better quality than anything I have seen up here in the East Coast of Canada....a lot of people buy the sit in kayaks..but I love the sit on top...I don't get wet unless I am goofing around. I love the hatches that tighten down - everything stays dry and there is plenty of storage in this. I take the dog, cooler, blankets, etc. I bought the motor mount but have never tried a motor yet. Thought that would just make me lazy!

I hope this is helpful...if you want good quality, storage and stability..this is the kayak for you! You won't regret it. Speed is for the narrower longer kayaks..they are nice for just jaunting around, but if you like to go on day trips or overnighters..this kayak is 2nd to none!

Katadyn: