Submitted: 05-04-2009 by Emilio

I am 53 years old 165 lbs. I consider myself a strong intermediate paddler. Creeks most often paddled now a days... the Top and upper Yough. Been using a CFS on the top for several years now and everything from an ultrafuge to an RPM to a remix to a i4 on the upper.

I have got to say the Jefe is a great boat. Not as much fun as an RPM or other play boats but at my age this is one sweet boat when water is getting high. The Jefe tracks well, has decent speed, stays on top of the water very well and is super comfortable and forgiving. I have a Re-mix 5.9 and the Jefe is as quick and tracks much better because it stays on top so well. The high bow is easy to point and get to where you need to be.

Overall I would give the Jefe a 9 out of 10 and that is only because it does not play all that well but that is not what it was intended to do anyway. All around great boat for those looking for something stable in pushy water.