Submitted: 05-04-2009 by nymtber
My girlfriend got this kayak for me (us) for my birthday last summer. I had mentioned wanting a kayak a few times when we were in places, and while I was not trying to hint she buy one, she surprised me with the Swifty II.

My first impression of it was WOW It is almost as stable as the Grumman canoes we used in Boy Scouts. Tracking is actually pretty good, once we got a rhythm going, and learned to paddle as a tandem. Wind definitely is no friend to this big kayak, but it does have mounting hole and molds for a rudder kit, which I may add someday down the line. I ended up getting a splash deck for it from Oak Orchard Canoe (they are close to me, in Rochester, NY) because I got pretty wet since I generally take up the rear.

I give it a 9 and not a 10 for a few reasons:
Its heavy, 68lbs I think, not fun to get onto a roof, even though I have a Dodge Neon. Also, I would have liked if it was capable of being paddled solo, with moveable seats so it could be used for an awesome fishing kayak. I've since bought a solo kayak for that purpose, however...

Anyone looking to get a tandem kayak and doesn't want to spend a fortune, this is a great kayak, and they seem to be priced around $500-600 near me. Stable enough to handle the wake of powerboaters, and not roll or tip or anything. I cant wait until it warms up more to get this yak out on the water!