Submitted: 05-01-2009 by nymtber

Just bought this Kayak at Dicks Sporting Goods, and I believe it is a model for this store only. Took it out for a quick mile and a half on a local iron ore bed. A very light kayak, around 40lbs, easy to carry the 75 yards from parking lot to shore alone. Held my 225lbs just fine, and stability was good for its size. Tracking wasn't as good as I hoped for, but it wasn't bad either, I think most of my tracking problems were being out of kayaking shape. The "Zone" seat padding system is very very comfortable, I look forward to a longer paddle in it someday soon. The rear hatch with the sealed bulkhead kept my shoes and socks dry as a bone while I paddled.

I can't give this a 10, as it could use better tracking, but overall I am impressed. Perception has won my support for future kayak purchases, as I own a Swifty II Tandem as well. I recommend this kayak to anyone looking for a light, easy to load on a car recreational kayak. I might add a Scotty Rod holder soon and use the kayak for fishing, too!

Suspenz: