Submitted: 04-29-2009 by mjflores

I purchased a Guide Benstshaft at the beginning of the season and am very glad I did. Workmanship is fantastic! It's a really nice paddle that you can't help and pickup when you see it. On the water, it's very comfortable, light, and provides a lot of power. I love the oval shaft, and the grip feels great in either hand. It's got a protected tip, so I use it to push off from shore and off rocks... I've been out many times with it so far and it still appears brand new. Looking at it, and holding it makes you almost afraid to use it as it's meant to be used but make no mistake, it's a rugged tool that's built tough. If you're looking for a lightweight, comfortable, wood, hand-made paddle that's tough and provides plenty of power...try the Guide, I think you'll be as happy as I am with mine.