Submitted: 04-28-2009 by shawn_r7

I purchased the boat as a second boat for daily paddling as I have a FG Valley Aquanaut HV for touring. I am 6'2" and 230 Lbs. I have a 32 inch inseam.

The thigh braces and seat are top notch. A new lower back band might be my next purchase and is my only complainant about the Capella. There is lots of room for my feet and I feel like I am in full control of the boat with the thigh supports. (Trying to purchase some for my Valley.)

The boat paddles like a FG model. It tracks very well and does not need the skeg to keep a straight track on flat open water. I paddled it in 20 km/h winds with half meter waves. I had to put the skeg down on following seas which kept the boat straight as an arrow. There is a bit of a learning curve on using the skeg. The trick is to push the release button not squeeze it. The boat feels very stable with good initial and secondary stability.

If you are looking for a fun boat that you can surf, take pictures and day trip in I highly recommend this boat. This boat could be used as a touring boat 4-5 days max if you pack like a backpacker. This boat would be good for all skill levels including those new to the sport.

Silverfish