Submitted: 04-28-2009 by Jonathan

This is my first yak and I absolutely love it! It is super stable and I was comfortable right away. So was my wife who has zero boating experience of any kind. I bought it initially for the large cockpit and width because I planned on taking my 2 year old son with me on the local lakes and calm waters. It works perfectly with my son aboard and he sits very low and comfortably. I have since added and anchor trolley and anchor, paddle clips, rod holder, and dry bag storage. That's the other thing... the storage space is huge for a ten footer. I plan on taking my tent and camping gear soon. I spend a lot of time in creeks and rivers and this boat is perfect. It has enough speed to get upstream with ease, maneuverability to 360 in its own length, and storage capacity to carry whatever I need. I have fished from it several times and find that it fishes quite well. It is quite simply a fantastic all-around boat. I will probably pickup a touring boat at some time for Lake Erie and for long distance speed, but I am never getting rid of this boat. It is so easy to throw it up on the roof or through the back window of our SUV that it will always be my "go to" boat. Beginner or not you will enjoy this boat.