Submitted: 04-28-2009 by john

I love my Klepper. I need the rudder for it will weather cock plus there is no place to place your feet without it. Got mine on Ebay for a buy it now price. Could not take a chance on bidding.

One element you should consider if you buy ANY folding kayak is the wash/drying time. It is the biggest problem I have with the boat. I use mine in salt water so it is washed out each time I use it. Even in direct Fl sun it might take up to 3 days to dry to a point I feel comfortable folding it up for storage. I lost one skin to mold rot. If you are on a tight schedule or do not have the facility for washing and storing the boat till it dries you will have to use some serious engineering. Like I said I love the boat but I still have not figured out the washing drying thing. Maybe a carpet dryer would work.

Be sure you have your PR hat on while you assemble the boat if you are using a public launch. Very few people will not comment on your boat. You will meet lots of new people. I have even considered placing brochures on my motorcycle (did I mention that I get to the launch site on a Cycle) so people can get the idea and I can be waving goodbye from the horizon. If you find one and can afford it buy it. You will be thrilled to own such a beautiful boat. DO NOT USE THE KLEEPER PADDLES. I went with an adjustable (length) from Bending Branches and doubled my distance and halved my discomfort.