Submitted: 04-24-2009 by Scooter

I recently purchased the XP10 and took it home for a quick run on the lake. I primarily enjoy whitewater but need something to go out with the family as well. LL hit the spot with this awesome crossover design. I have nothing to add to the other reviews. Bomber stability, great response, smooth tracking.

As for the 'dry' hatch...
It's not so dry. I rolled the boat a few times and found about 6 cups of water in the stern hatch. YES, the hatch was closed. I have checked all the fittings and they are water tight, except the rim of the hatch. I think this is an easy fix; just get some closed-cell foam. A long strip about 1/16 x 5/32 should do it; and attach it with a very small amount of contact cement. I haven't tried this yet but am pretty sure it will do the trick.

By the way, LL knows of this problem and one rep said 'It's not so much a dry hatch; more like a hatch for dry bags.' They say they're trying to develop a fix for the problem, so no worries either way. Otherwise this is a killer craft. It has not taken any water in the hatch when running rivers and creeks; and the stability kinda makes rolling a remote possibility... so just stay upright til LL gets it worked out. In my case, I'm going to find some foam strips.
Happy Paddling!