Submitted: 04-23-2009 by goldenmvd

I tried to research them all via the web. I don't hand out 10's. Tried to find components and DIY without much success. I decided on the Handy Hooker Canoe and Kayak Hoist with the Stabilized Hull Cradle System. Like the others I'm very pleased with product quality. Shipping was next day.....credit card transaction was a breeze. This is not a cheap made in China product. And the price was about half the Harken Hoist plus much easier to install.

I installed 2 systems in 60 minutes in my 12' garage. I'm very comfortable the 60lb kayaks are secure. Raising the boat is easy. My only negative feedback is that I will need to get on a ladder to lower the kayak or create a long pole to release the lift mechanism system (a broom handle did not work for me). I've not tried it yet, but I'm going to put a nail into the end of broom handle and try to release the mechanism without a ladder.