Submitted: 04-21-2009 by CWA

Nice boat for weekend users. I like the idea of helping out a small company, and Qayak seems to be just that. Great customer service, delivery times, etc. Nice folks. Never had to use the warranty, but it seems like a good one.

As stated previously, the draft of the boat is pretty low. I think this is good for wind, but I prefer to be up a bit higher. The boat drains well with the self-bailing inserts popped out, and I like the seats. Good foot bars, too.

The tube fabric is, I think, Denier 1000 and is very durable. The inside floor seems durable, albeit a thinner material. I went and got some shower pan liner material to put on top of the floor to avoid punctures. I may be paranoid, but c'est la vie.

Good skegs - a trial to remove / attach so we just leave them on. The tandem model (which we bought) came with throwaway paddles, so plan on getting a couple of those.

I like the Qayak a lot - we've scraped over rocks and hit Colorado River Class III without anything bad happening to boat or riders. It seems stable and well put together. Great price, too.