Submitted: 04-20-2009 by Brad

Just took this kayak out today for the first time and it is my first kayak. It tracks very well and is quite stable. I couldn't find hardly any reviews when I was researching as I believe the Escape is a new model brought out in 2008. The high back seat is nice though it was sliding forward a bit. I'll have to see if I can tighten up the straps.

The O Hatch between your legs was handy with a removable "cup" that is a great place for phone, wallet, etc. in a plastic ziplock bag just to be safe. Got a large A Hatch in the front and 2 rod holders behind the seat. It only weighs 34 lbs so it is easy to carry by yourself and put on top of your car. I use the foam blocks and straps and it works well.

If you're looking for lots of storage behind the seat for camping gear or whatever you'd probably better look at another kayak. It's probably enough for a small cooler or sleeping bag. I got a lot of good comments on the kayak today. It's a good looking and great performing yak and so far I love it.