Submitted: 04-20-2009 by beau-guest

I recently bought a PaddleBoy Fatboy cart... I used it on a Ultimate12 hybrid kayak, to tote the boat about 100 yds, over a rough but well trodden path to a pond. I'm NOT impressed with it's ability to stay on the boat over rough terrain and over small rises and dips and it kept "collapsing" diagonally whenever it hit a rut and or a wheel got hung up a bit. I tried to adjust it several times to no avail to get it to ride better. also the hex head bolts (topmost) kept gouging the poly from time to time.

There is no way to "lock" the frame to prevent collapsing when in use. It seemed to work ok on smooth surface, but very disappointed in its ineffectiveness over rough terrain. For $160, I would expect better design and usability. Also, it is not well defined that the unit collapses diagonally into a linear shape for storage, that might be a storage prob for some boats.

I feel Paddleboy is misleading people about how well it stores. The frame collapses linearly to an approx. 38"L x 6"W with the non-removable axles sticking out another 4" (ea. side) beyond the original 6" Looks like I'll be buying another cart for rough stuff, and selling this one.