Submitted: 04-07-2009 by dj18dsf

I've had my Dirigo 140 for over three years. I have the complaints, one cosmetic the other two functional. Don't get me wrong I LOVE MY BOAT :) The first real complaint is the positioning of the seat settings. When you go to get out of the cockpit you place your hands directly over the controls and it the seat is released with downward pressure. The second is more personal. I do looonnnggg solos, longest being 112 miles. The seat back is not designed for that. If an extension or a higher seatback were available it would provide comfort and lumbar support not currently seen. The cosmetic prob.....I have a buckle directly under the front of the seat that has been there since my first season. I've placed blocking during the off season but it always returns. Overall I give this boat a 8 for long trips, a seven for maneuverability and a 10 for ability to carry enough gear and supplies for my long paddles.

Ostrom Outdoors: