Submitted: 04-06-2009 by FrankNC
This is my first Sit on Top and I like it a lot. It is perhaps the most stable kayak I've ever been in. I checked the top speed with a gps and got just over 5 mph after I was already tired and at the end of my normal paddle. With a bent shaft single blade paddle I got 4 mph pretty easily.

It tracks well enough to use a single blade paddle well if you know what you are doing. It is very maneuverable for a boat this long and edging really helps the turns. The flat bottom helps you scoot right over logs and rocks. The seat is very comfortable. The Deck rigging and handles are very nice.

The molded foot rests are an abomination. They should be outlawed! I've never tried these before but they were uncomfortable. The ridges on the bottom dug into my achilies tendons. The ridges on the sides were slippery and not big enough to hold my feet in place when I was paddling hard. I know I'd much prefer to grind these off and install real adjustable foot rests, but I don't think I can do it without leaving holes in the boat.

The boat is very light at about 50 pounds.