Submitted: 04-06-2009 by Swampthing_18
While the design is brilliant, the construction is a little sloppy. The one I borrowed from a friend had huge pinholes in the welds. The axle is too thin, and the few I've seen are all at least slightly bent due to heat affectation from welding. The attachment of the arms has too much slop. Using 1.625"x0.125" tubing to go over 1.25" tubing leaves a total of 1/8" between the stanchion & arm, which is just too much.

The wheels are also a little suspect. The exact wheels (found elsewhere on the internet) have a weight rating of 100 lbs each. Yet they claim a static weight test of 300 lbs on their site. We had my friend's loaded to about 250 and it worked well, but the axle bent slightly.

As negative as this sounds, if I can't get into a friend's shop to make a similar design, I'm buying one of these. It lasted well, while several other carts on our kayak/camping trip failed catastrophically. Clean up the fabrication and it would get 11 out of 10.