Submitted: 04-03-2009 by yetiman
I have been using a Mtn Hardware Skyview convertible 3/4 season tent for over a decade which I LOVE, but as I get a bit older and my friends get _even older_ I needed a tent with a little more room and which was tall enough to stand up in. I also wanted a lot of screening and ventilation.

I looked at all the better brand larger tents, and this one still had the bomb proof design and features I look for with the room of a family camping tent.

We have used this tent for about 16 nights of use, most of which it was taken down each day.

The vestibule is a must have item and really adds to the value of this tent. We had four rainy, windy days on one trip, and the vestibule was a godsend. It kept lots of gear dry and protected, and allowed us to hang dry clothes inside it with the side doors open by letting wind blow through the vestibule and keeping the clothes dry. Quite a feat !

This tent has great ventilation even with the fly on it. Without the fly it's practically a big screenhouse. When visiting friends at their cottage, I have even set up a Full Size Aero Bed inside the tent (the one that's as tall as a regular bed). It fit no problem and was an incredible place for an afternoon nap.

I like the sunny colors of the tent. Friends who have used it all comment on how it improves their mood just walking into it. It has been very stable in high wind and is very well made. The poles are all of excellent quality with no funky hubs that could be hard to fix if the worst happened.

We always use it for canoe camping, but it should fit in a kayak just fine.