Submitted: 04-03-2009 by yetiman
I bought a pair of these at Canoecopia 09 and have used them about a dozen times now in very cold water canoeing. They are exceptionally warm, blocking nearly all the cold even when standing in 35 degree water for several minutes.

I was originally looking to buy the breathable model, but they didn't fit over my abnormally large calfs. The lite models are a tight fit on my calf, but it's a good thing as they are nearly water tight on me when I tested them to see how much water they would take in.

I have high bones in the top of my wide feet, and these are flexible enough for an excellent fit whether I am wearing light socks or super thick wool WigWams. While my legs are a little sweaty when I remove them, they are totally comfortable for hours at a time.

My only complaint would be that they could use a stiffer sole with some arch support. I am not using them for long portages and such, more for launching and in the canoe. The felt lined models would be better if you plan to do much hiking in them. But for at the launch and in the boat their awesome.

To sum it up I am extremely happy with these and would buy them again in a heartbeat. Highly recommended.