Submitted: 04-03-2009 by Bigdogrunnin

I bought the Adventure in May 2005. I had research several kayaks and had narrowed my decision to 3 SOT (Sit-on-top) models. I was very fortunate to have purchased my Adventure from a kayak shop that was closing up shop, so I got a really GREAT deal. I immediately put the boat in the water and I cannot imagine having anything else.

To date I have paddled on 5 rivers, 7 bays, at least a dozen lakes, and the Gulf of Mexico. I have paddled/pedaled 8-10 miles with little fatigue.

The boat is remarkably stable, as I have to TRY to tip it over, and I can stand in the boat a cast and fish. Open water is no problem, as I have paddled/pedaled 2-3 miles out into the Gulf to fish and was never once worried.

There is more storage space than I can fill (in the hull and on top of the boat, and even fully loaded, it sits high in the water and tracks straight and true.

I like this boat so much, that now, 3 years later, I am getting ready to purchase a second so I can take people out with me! It is fast, stable, and easy to work.

As for any cons... the first boat I purchased had a severe crack in the hull where the mirage drive inserts into the water. I took the boat back and two weeks later I received a brand new boat. Also, because of it's length, it can be awkward to move around out of the water. That's it!

Overall, great boat, even it it is a little pricey. You can't go wrong with the Hobie Mirage Adventure.