Submitted: 06-24-2000 by HPL

Bought a lightly used, plastic Sealution II four years ago, and paddled it everywhere from local ponds and rivers to overnights on the Great Lakes and the Maine coast. After all those trips, it shows little wear except for a sag in the plastic (slight concave area) under the cockpit. The rudder, cables, hatches, etc are still as good as new. The boat always feels very stable and seaworthy, and although it tracks very well (I rarely use the rudder except in crosswinds and following seas) it also turns easily, much better than a lot of 16-17 ft boats I've tried. For a 150-lb paddler like me, the plastic version is no speedster, but I'll bet the composite version improves performance. It's a great design, and the plastic boat would be an ideal choice for taller, stronger people who want a boat that can do it all.