Submitted: 04-03-2009 by Puppe

I've had the Torrent for about 3 winters now. Probably use it 6-10 times a season, not a great fan of cold water but I need to get out. This suit is a fine solution for that. I use it for Sea Kayaking, understanding that it was designed for whitewater. Truth is, not a lot of daylight between the two when it's a drysuit you're talking about.

I got this unit on sale at a point when Palm was phasing out XP150 fabric for the next generation (XP 175, or some such). It was a great value. Comes with all the features other manufacturers charge extra for. I have not had a single leak, and I have caught it on brambles at the put-in/take-out at least once a season. The waist is proportionately a tad smallish and tight. But shoulder fit is generous. Not sure how I feel about the zipper. But I added a long pull that allows self entry and extraction.

My beefs, other than the tight waist, are few. It seems to have a larger than average number of panels and corresponding taping on the interior. Thus it's long term survivability may be moderate. Then again, even at list price it's an excellent value. The footies are also a bit snug. My suit is a Medium, it fits my 6' frame, but the waist feels like it's about 32" and the feet are maybe a size 10 1/2. Both of those are about a size too small for me, but I'd be swimming in a Large.

Overall - well worth it and highly recommended. Just try it on first for the best fit, and don't expect it to last forever.