Submitted: 03-31-2009 by Jeffrey

I purchases my Heron ROYALEX on a impulse buy. I seen it hanging from a ceiling in a tavern. It is bright Yellow with Linenkugels printed on the bow and Honey Weis Bier on the Stern. I liked the looks of it and thought it was a sin just hanging in the bar. I asked the owner if I could buy it, She said 500.00 "sold" (what a buy this canoe never seen water) I went home got the money and my van. Picked it up and brought it up to my cabin.

My wife and I have zip for experience. We feel very stable in it. Not to tippy at all and tracks fairly well. Our lake is fairly calm, we only take it out when it is calm because of the wind. We fish a lot out of it about 99% of the time. I have a high powered fishing boat so when the wind is up I can afford not to kill myself fighting the wind back to the cabin.

I am a recreational paddler, fishing, and photography is why I own this canoe. When I am not fishing with my wife (5'4" 125lbs) I go with my brother in-law he is 6'6" 250lbs and I an 5'6" 190lbs, we have no problem with my Heron. The only thing I don't like about it is the floor has more flex than I like. I seem to think it would be more efficient to paddle if the floor was firmer.

We take it to different lakes rather than pulling my power boat out of the lake and tow it all over, in and out again and waste 2 hours. I keep the rear seats out of my Caravan all summer and we just put the Heron in the back of it hang on and go. We have 26 lakes within 15 minutes. So we get to experience many different lakes.

I have nothing to compare it to, but no one has complained yet about it. I bought it for fun and exercise and getting close to the Loons for photography and that is what I am getting out of it. Actually the Loons get close to me I just sit still and they pop up within feet of the canoe. It makes for an awesome day.

Sometimes my younger family members come up to the cabin and they take it out for a few hours. With that bright yellow it's not hard to find them on the lake. And they are very visible to larger watercraft. It is a very good quality product. We use it fairly often over the past 3 summers and it still looks great. No real signs of wear and tear other than the reasonable bottom scratches mostly from loading and unloading. It fit's our family needs.