Submitted: 03-28-2009 by Innishmere

I built my first in 1998 and modified it slightly to a 19.5" beam. The construction process was straightforward and fun. I used 3mm marine ply with two layers of bi directional 4oz finishing glass on the entire hull and deck. It was easy to wet out and lay and gives me a tight, tight craft. I added a 3mm glassed bulkhead IMMEDIATELY behind the seat with a beckson screw hatch. My foot brace is a 2" thick minicell foam bulkhead for the forward storage. it comes out easily and is very user friendly. This boat has almost 1800 miles on it and has done seven 100 mile expeditions in The Everglades and Florida Bay. I have a penchant for heading straight out from Bonita Beach about 20 miles just to relax. This boat will cruise at over 9 knots easily. This is one for anyone who is serious about owning the best there is.