Submitted: 03-22-2009 by Jeffro

My buddy Ray says, "there's a kayak at this garage sale.. he wants $150" Absolutely the best $125 I have ever spent. Loved the Spirit so much, found one on Paddling.net for sale for $250 and gladly paid the shipping to get it. My background has been 40 years of canoes, but this well designed sit on top rewards me every time I use it.

The #1 grade poly is flawless, and is a feast for the eyes even while hanging on the den wall. I find the seating perfect for me, at 6 foot 200lbs. My friend Connie at 125lbs and mid fives isn't as comfortable. Have just purchased a Manitou 13 for her, we'll see how they compare.

I live on the Mississippi and have found it so stable, so predictable. Even playing around wing dams she'll stay straight, or set sidewise and cross stream. For lake paddling or creeks feeding the river she is super stable and turns on a dime. Oh, the sun deck, turn around backwards, lay back, and be careful not to fall asleep. Extra points. 38lbs. great handle...run a lock through it. paddle detent. car tops real easy and is so sleek it will increase your gas mileage. Becomes part of you. 10 out of 10. If you're lucky enough to find one, don't pass it up.