Submitted: 03-20-2009 by hirpm
I was searching the internet for a cheap inflatable to use this summer on a small lake for fishing. I found the Qayak website and after drilling them with several questions decided to take a chance on an unknown boat. Fifteen years ago my first "kayak" was a Sevylor Tahiti which I wore out over the next four years. Since then Iíve owned about 12 hard shell boats the remaining two being a Dagger Calisto and a Prijon Eski.

So anyway, the other day I tried it out for the first time. Itís good, for the price itís real good. For its intended use it will work fine. Mine measured out at 32" wide by 10'6" long fully inflated. It weighs 26 lbs with the seat installed. The seating area is narrow so if you are a wide body you might want to look elsewhere or maybe at the tandem model.

The design is clever and the construction seems very good. Long term will determine that. The foot rest peg design works very well. The seat is heavy and clumsy and the seat back is too high for what I'm used to. I might just use a back band and my Sealine seat pad. The pump did not fit the Boston valves snugly enough and required a hand hold, this would be very frustrating for a newbie.

The two skeg design really helped tracking. I could not get them out after deflating so I just left them in. The mesh bag is a throw away. I made a sling carrier from a canvas grocery bag and it works well.

The boat is very comfortable on the water. I used a high angle stroke with a 220 cm Onno paddle and it tracked pretty good. It also has a bit of glide to it. It has a lower profile than most inflatables which helps in the wind.

I gave it an 8 as a boat but for the price, $214 + $25 shipping it gets a 9, have fun...