Submitted: 03-17-2009 by Hip

I agree with the last post. The ONLY kayak I never test paddled. WHAT A MISTAKE!!!!!! I bought it thinking it was a simple rec. yak and it would be fine. It would track straight then for no reason veer off... usually to the left... and nothing short of almost stopping could bring the front back around! It would do it right but not as much as left. It baffled me so I brought it back to the place I bought it and he brought out another and I paddled the other and the guy there paddled mine. It did it for him and the other one did it to me. He was baffled as well. I said this sucks... I don't want this and they took it back.

We traded it for a Necky Zoar Sport for my girl and I ended up with a 09' Wilderness Pungo 140. Now that is what I expect from a kayak! The Heritage Featherlite 12 left a bad taste in my mouth and I think the salesmen was a bit surprised as well. He is a good guy and has been kayaking for YEARS. I've been at it for 3 and knew something wasn't right the first day. I'm glad to get rid of that thing! It was all work and no fun. The design should be trashed.