Submitted: 03-16-2009 by leegoodnight
I first paddled a Baboosic three years ago at the East Coast Canoe & Kayak Festival. It was shortly after having purchased my first solo boat, a Bell Flashfire, and I felt that the Baboosic was a bit beamy although it handled well. I acquired a Baboosic last summer and used it for several day fishing trips. It reminds me of a mini version of my Prospector. It tracks well and glides wonderfully. I finally used it on an overnight trip under challenging conditions; a strong headwind with gusts of 25 mph. It tracked well and I had no trouble keeping pace with the seven kayaks in the party. Loaded the Baboosic is very stable and responsive. I have found the perfect solo boat for me! I'm not sure of the layup since it is a used boat but it's not too heavy. I'm a 6', 195 lb., 60+ year old and I have no trouble getting it on and off my Subaru Outback and carrying it 50 yards or so.