Submitted: 03-08-2009 by JulianP

When I was 12 years old, I developed an insane passion for kayaking. That Christmas, I was given a card from my parents along with this long box.. I unwrapped it, found a paddle. confused I opened the card, and found an invoice. a 200 dollar down payment my parents had put on a Gannet! So I was 12 years old when I first used the Gannet, and I am 20 years old right now.

I have taken this boat from London, Ontario to little current in Georgan Bay to Lake Utopia in New Bronswick. It's a great boat for light recreational fun. it handles extremely well with and with out the skeg, the ONLY drawback I really see, is the lack of storage space.

Now that I'm 20 years old, I want to go on over nighters and so I will have to buy another kayak, but that is okay, because now I will be able to take friends with me for little day trips! I have NEVER flipped it, not once... and so I have complete faith when letting a beginner friend take it out for a spin.

So, if you can get your hands on one, take it and run, these are great, fun good learner boats with lots of advanced possibilities!!