Submitted: 03-05-2009 by jason

I purchased the Littlbug Stove for backpacking trips so chose the Jr model that was made with thicker steel (an option at the site). Arrived as expected and setup is a breeze.

The two large interlocking pieces fit inside of my 4qt pot and the smaller interlocking pieces fit inside of my 2qt pot. The 2qt pot is still able to fit inside of my 4qt so space is saved inside my backpack.

On my first overnight hiking trip with the Littlbug I fed the fire constantly and kept flames quite high and roaring. I was able to boil 3qts in just 6 minutes. The only drawback I had was while adding fuel (medium diameter short sticks) I bumped the pot holding section and knocked the rivet out of the containing notch.

I contacted the maker of the stove and after some quick correspondence and helpful suggestions I've yet to have an issue. I'm sure the larger unit is less prone to panicky meal preparers such as myself. The initial problem I had was due to careless adding of wood, I now remove the pot and drop in more pieces as needed which is simple enough and safe.

Have now done a few overnight trips with it and very happy with the purchase. There are similar units on the market, but the fold down design and cost of this one seems to set it apart from the others. The maker of this unit stands behind it and is very willing to help in case of issues.