Submitted: 03-04-2009 by grbuzzard

Like some of the others reviewers, I am a big guy also. 6'1" 285 lbs.
The 140 is great for me. We now have 3 and purchased the full spray skirts and the clip on hatches. We have done complete self contained camps in these (Wife, son and myself). We plug the nose with the tent and (believe it or not) 2 folding camp chairs and full size axe. The back end with heavy goods (beer and wine and food) and the top with sleeping bags, clothes etc in wet sacks and all the other necessities (stove, cooler, etc). Never an issue. For fun we added up the weight in my yak and it was a whopping 425 lbs. Sure on the rough days across the lake the nose was cutting thru the waves and up on deck but at no time was there any sense of danger or loss of control. It tracks beautifully. I just bought swivel yak clips because I need somewhere to lock the paddle into while taking the camera shots or drinking that "drink". cheers.

PS: Our friends rent every time, they have tried everything out there. The other husband is 6' and about 260 lbs and he now will only ever rent a 140 as he is sure the others will submerge or tip and he is extremely uncomfortable in them.