Submitted: 02-27-2009 by CRB

I spent 2 months in a Viviane last summer in Prince William Sound, Alaska. I am 170 Lbs, 5'10". I wanted to mention the secondary stability and this boats turning issues, fully loaded, as opposed to empty. I'm going to write about this boat when it is full, and I mean, carrying 4 weeks worth of food full. Every square inch consciously packed full. This weight makes the boat shine in my opinion. When its perfectly and very heftily loaded, its a beauty to paddle. Fully loaded, this boat very well, but it requires extreme edging and understanding of the secondary stability. The point right before you break and go into the drink is the sweet spot where this boat whips around. I can easily spin it 90 degrees and more, but this requires a sophisticated understanding of the secondary stability. The secondary feels -great- to push against. This boat lives in a state of perpetual secondary. The V hull leaves you on one side or another, and the secondary is everything.

The top of this boat is one enormous round arch, Its one of the easiest boats I've ever rolled, even fully loaded, rolling this boat is just as easy loaded as empty. It's so round on top and bottom that it doesn't care if it's upside down or not, its essentially secondary stability 360 degrees around. Fully loaded this boat shines.