Submitted: 02-26-2009 by chomp

I have had my red Co-motion for ~1.5 yrs and used mainly in the N. Central FL rivers. I bought the kayak used and it did not come with seats. After my first couple of outings, I purchased seats. This helped with comfort. The boat paddles well, not fast, and tracks fairly straight.

I am 6'5" 230lbs and water comes up through the scupper holes when paddling against the current. It is rated for 450lbs, but with 2 over 200lbs it is a slow and wet ride. Not much leg extension room, so my knees sit up high and interfere with paddling. Not a good yak for solo trips even with cooler in front for load balance. Great for floating down spring fed rivers and snorkeling along side etc. Light enough for me to load on the SUV roof rack and carry to launch by myself without dolly. I plan to get a faster sit in yak and keep this one for kids and friends to use.

Swift Canoe & Kayak: