Submitted: 02-25-2009 by fatkid

New Bomber Gear 2008 long sleeve 3 layer Toray dry top. Thought I would run the top for the winter session before reviewing it. Majority of padding this winter was coastal surf sessions and routine high elevation mileage paddling.

I found that the top preformed above my expectation during relentless rolls in the surf as well as 40 degree water. The Toray material is impressive to say the least, it repels water instantly and breaths better than I could have hoped for. The multilayer gasket system for the cuffs and neck uses a neoprene over latex combination that works great. The waist works well due the huge surface area incorporated into the design. I also liked the fact the latex seals have birth date stamped on them.

Based on the performance of the top I am now considering the dry bottoms to replace my NRS Blackrocks. Although designed for whitewater, this top has a definite use in surf and touring. I look forward to seeing what this top will endure.

Lasso Security Cables: