Submitted: 02-25-2009 by fatkid

New Bomber Gear 2008 long sleeve 3 layer Toray dry top. Thought I would run the top for the winter session before reviewing it. Majority of padding this winter was coastal surf sessions and routine high elevation mileage paddling.

I found that the top preformed above my expectation during relentless rolls in the surf as well as 40* water. The Toray material is impressive to say the least, it repels water instantly and breaths better than I could have hoped for. The multilayer gasket system for the cuffs and neck uses a neoprene over latex combination that works great. The waist works well due the huge surface area incorporated into the design. I also liked the fact the latex seals have birth date stamped on them.

Based on the performance of the top, I am now considering the dry bottoms to replace my NRS Blackrocks. Although designed for whitewater, this top has a definite use in surf and touring. I look forward to seeing what this top will endure.