Submitted: 02-23-2009 by River Rambler

First my experience: I am a guide and have worked at a canoe shop going on 11 years and have had the opportunity to have full access to any boat that we carry (30+ Brands). I include this because you never know who is reviewing.

A previous review stated that the Min II is a specialized canoe and I agree with this statement to an extent. It is the fastest canoe in its class (C2 Stock) and any race picture will show these boats almost exclusively. It can be a little tight in the bow but given the speed of the boat, the Min II can carry a massive load and still perform faster than any other similar boat with the same weight.

If you want a boat that can travel a lot of distance in a single day but can also carry a heavy load? This is, in my opinion, the best boat on the market for two paddlers. If you want more bow space look to either a Bell Northwind or a Spirit II. They are a bit shorter and slower. Or go with the Min III they are longer and faster if you put a third or even fourth paddler in the boat with you.