Submitted: 02-11-2009 by RT

Great Price/ Great Boat.
Very stable, put it to the test floating a few days ago standing up inside the boat in a swift river to show friends (river temp was around 38 degrees by the way).

Plenty of room for canoe camping as long as you realize you can't take the whole house with you. Tracking is good solo with a little weight in front ie. small cooler works for me. I always float solo in mine and it works great.

The only real thing I would think about to tell Mad River about would be to put some form of a grab handle at the center of gravity for those who paddle by themselves to lift and carry easier. Other than that I recommend this craft for most. For the type of paddling this canoe is built for it fits the purpose and the pocket. Since I have purchased mine, 4 of my buddies have bought one as well. We had people thinking on a river one time that we went through an outfitter we had so many of these canoes.

New York Kayak Co.: