You are responding to the following review:
Submitted: 02-09-2009 by rona1117
When the snow finally arrived in late 2008, I finished my first kayaking season with my new Current Designs Kestrel 120 HV in TCS. The advantages in this boat are as follows:
I highly recommend this kayak for anyone who wants ease in handling the boat on and off the water, enjoys lakes and slow, scenic rivers, and enjoys comfort and stability while on the water.
- the HV (high volume) is roomy for me (I'm 6'4" and 200 lbs).
- The TCS means the kayak is only 44 pounds and thus I can easily handle the boat in all situations by myself. I can load and unload it from the top of my vehicle with ease, and walk to the shoreline with the kayak on my shoulder. Keep in mind that the easier it is to handle alone, the more you will use it!
- I found that it maneuvers extremely well. It responds to the slightest stroke of the paddle.
- I found that it tracks well enough, even on windy days. I've crossed lakes a mile and half wide with fairly rough chops and the Kestrel held its own.
- The HV model also means more stability, since it is a little wider. This may make for a slightly slower boat, but, so far I have felt totally secure in all water conditions.
* All you need to do is submit the form above and an email message will be sent to the owner of the ad you are enquiring about.