Submitted: 02-09-2009 by Jason

I've had my Prowler 13 Angler almost a year. I absolutely love it so I won't heap more praise than what has already been said. Instead, I'll recount my experiences regarding some of the criticism cited for this yak. First, I'm 6'1", 180 lbs and paddle solely in freshwater lakes and streams in Northern Alabama.

One thing I heard with the Prowler was the molded in footwells dig into your calves. I have not experienced this and actually do not think I'd like adjustable footwells because it be awkward to reach down to move them. Second thing you hear is you get wet. It's hot in Alabama so I actually don't mind, but with scupper plugs, you stay dry as a bone. All I do is fish close to where I put in so I don't care about speed and turning radius. I have no frame of reference anyway. But I can tell you the Prowler 13 is a superb fishing platform. I catch more fish (bass mostly) out of my yak in the out-of-the-way creeks and streams than I ever did out of my bass boat.

Katadyn: