Submitted: 01-21-2009 by dregsfan

I looked at a quite few new and used boats in the 9 to 12 foot range. There are many used 9'-6" boats from various manufacturers, but most of them donít have a lot of features or seem like toys. From the reviews Iíve read, most 9'-6" boats donít track all that well either. I wanted something that would fit in the back of my pickup and not hang out to far past my camper door. I set my limit at 12'.

The Voyager really fit the bill. No too big and not too small. Easy to lift and move around. It tracks pretty darn good too! Lotís of legroom and space for storage. Awesome HUGE cockpit opening. Comfy adjustable seat. Well made and should last for a long time. The Voyager seems to be a boat that a kayaker can grow into. Stable and forgiving for a newbie and advanced enough for an experienced boater. I plan on keeping mine for a long time and eventually modifying it for fishing. Way to go, Old Town.