Submitted: 01-20-2009 by Mr_Jeff62

I purchased my Otter in the Spring of '05, back in Northeast PA. After one outing on a small lake, I immediately started outfitting it with foot braces (I'm only 5'7"), paddle bungie, deck bungie (front and rear), and a padded seat. I wish Old Town had chosen to include those extras as standard equipment. Altogether it raised my price from $230.00 to $350.00. I have used this boat for boat-in camping (2 miles in, 3 miles out. Should have had a map of the lake... lots of fingers). Fully loaded with camping and fishing gear, everything except firewood, it handled like a dream. There happened to be a fishing tournament that weekend so I had to deal with wakes. No problems. The Otter doesn't track during hard paddling as well as I had hoped. An add-on rudder may be the answer to that. Overall, this boat is very versatile and tough as nails.