Submitted: 01-19-2009 by ML

I've owned the Tsunami 145 since the end of last season, and have only gotten to take it out once. I (being 5'11" 125lbs) still rated it a ten because I had it through strong currents and calm bays, it handled beautifully in both. Just one thing you should look for, mine is a pre-used (3 times one being me) and I noticed the stern compartments dry seal lid isn't connecting tightly. I can only fit it over but it is still loose. The store I bought it from said "this spring if it is still a problem they will replace the lid." I'm only saying this because not all stores will be so generous. Make sure before you purchase any new kayak check it over and make sure you are happy with all the appliances. Other then that the Tsunami handles beautifully and tracks great. I love having the rudder system for the strong currents.

Freedom Hawk Kayaks: