Submitted: 01-13-2009 by phillmassacre

I just wanted to add a review to the comments below.
My wife has Hobie Pursuit kayak and it is great for her. She is shorter than 5'7" and has no problems. I have four sit on top kayaks and I am playing in the roughest waves and swells, I like to go out when it is windy, so the waves are larger, more fun, and I never flip.

I have used my wife's kayak and I flipped it to, when turning fast, I find this kayak tippier with taller kayakers on it. Not sure if you should be on any kayak, if you keep flipping it and the boy scouts have to save you ever few minutes. My wife has used the Pursuit in all kinds of rough weather and never flipped it. She flipped it her first time out and she got herself back on it like a trooper.

I suggest taking some kayaking lessons and when you are more experienced at kayaking, then you should write another review. The kayaking is great if you are not top heavy, tall and experienced. There are tons of learner kayaks out there for sit in and sit-on-top. Then move up to the more advanced kayaks.

Wife, daughter and myself love the sit-on-tops, we have a hard time flipping them, do it once in awhile for fun to cool off.