Submitted: 01-12-2009 by textured_water

I have a Legend in the kevlar lay up, for about the last 3 years. It took the place of a Nordkapp hmc. Some of what I like about the Legend: it fits me like a glove with no modifications (6'3" 180), is very nimble with a cruising load (in that it carves turns), holds a ton of stuff.

I bought it for use on multiday/week camping trips, and I rarely paddle it otherwise. I tend to day paddle among the reefs, breaks, caves and arches of northern California, and the Legend is a long boat to have sideways in a surge channel. I will take it out for blue water/point to point/bay paddles, but tend to reach for shorter plastic boats for play. That said, I love it for the longer trips where its' speed, comfort and carrying capacity make it an awesome boat.

I initially found the transition from primary to secondary stability a bit abrupt, but it stiffens and the coming dips into the water. There is a fair bit of space between the back band and and the coaming on the rather high rear deck, but I still my butt comes out of the seat a few inches for a full layback.