Submitted: 01-09-2009 by Larry

I purchased my yak board about 2 years ago and have had a blast with it ever since. I use it primarily in the surf. It can handle almost any conditions. It is not very fast but it can keep up. For the beginner it is very stable and is very easy to steer.

I'm 5'7" and about 180lbs and the yak performs very well. I can transport it in my Altima with the passenger seat all the way up and the back seat folded down. It's only 8 foot and easy to transport. I've also fished with it and it can get to places that some boats can't. Again very stable.

I purchased it from LL Bean as a package with yak board, seat, and paddle for about $340. They ran out of the material seats and threw in a rubber seat for no additional charge. Pretty cool. The paddle broke after my first season and I went back to LL Bean and they replaced it with no questions asked. I was also able to upgrade the paddle for just the additional cost. They were terrific and said they want their customers to be completely satisfied and they stand by all their products. I was very happy that I purchased it from them.