Submitted: 06-19-2000 by Cheryl

My husband and I have rented kayaks many times and had been in Daggers and Perceptions (variety of different models). We finally decided to buy and someone told us they were not going to make the Vesper any more and so it was a deal...silly us for not trying it out first. Long story short we brought them back after three attempts to go for a nice paddle (lake and bay) these kayaks can not be controlled. With the skeg you go straight - maybe - if there is no wind or tide. Without the skeg you paddle on the right and make a right turn and paddle left and VOILA a left turn. When we brought them back the salesman said they really are bad without a rudder. I was not interested. They sold mine for me and now I am getting a Perception Corona. Took it for a spin today and was very impressed. Tracks well without the rudder and has much better fit. Good bye Vesper!