Submitted: 01-07-2009 by Bullseye

I was skeptical, but based on a positive review, I bought this compass. I love this thing!
Let me first say that I probably have 2 or 3 Suunto 'Orcas' laying around that I have happily used for years. This compass is WAY better than the Orca in just about every way... and it's $10 less. It has both a bungee tie down and a big suction cup for a secure fit. It does stand a little taller than the Orca, so it is a little more prone to getting knocked around. However, the taller stance is a real unexpected plus. You can mount it a little closer to the cockpit for easy reading without it becoming hidden behind your deck-top bag, etc.

The text is much larger and clearer than the Orca. It also includes N, E, W, S and even NE, SW, NW and SE text... much easier and quicker to read and get your bearings. It also has a built-in light and sensor that, when activated, comes on automatically when it gets dark and goes off when it gets light. It's a great compass for a great price.